Smile Makeover Questions
General Dentist and Cosmetic Dental Services in Edmonton, Alberta
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a series of cosmetic dentistry procedures performed in conjunction with each other in order to enhance every aspect of your smile. Each smile makeover is tailored to suit a patient’s specific cosmetic goals and dental needs.
What can a Smile Makeover fix?
The goal behind a smile makeover is to select a series of procedures that will best compliment your existing dental cosmetics and facial features. In addition to correcting previous, poor dental work, smile makeovers can eliminate the following dental flaws:
- Tooth staining or discolouration
- Missing teeth
- Replacement of mercury dental fillings with white fillings that can be direct or indirect resin, or porcelain
- An imperfect gum line
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped, cracked or gapped teeth
What procedures are entailed in a Smile Makeover?
Upon consulting with you to determine your aesthetic aspirations and examining your oral health, we will survey your smile’s aesthetics and bite alignment in order to suggest the best combination of treatments in order to achieve the desired results.
Common smile makeover procedures include:
- Removing unsightly mercury fillings with porcelain fillings in order to retain your oral health and provide a more natural and cosmetically appealing look
- Cosmetic contouring or reshaping of teeth
- Gum recontouring to adjust your gum line into a more desirable shape
- Protecting your teeth from future discolouration and masking any cracks, gaps, or chips with porcelain veneers
- Using natural looking and feeling porcelain crowns to protect fractured teeth
- Gradually adjusting your smile alignment through Invisalign, the latest, cosmetic dentistry solution that eliminates the need for unsightly and difficult to maintain metal braces
What is the difference between a Smile Makeover and a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
While a smile makeover and a full mouth reconstruction may include many of the same techniques, such as porcelain crowns, a full mouth reconstruction also focuses on treating a misaligned bite. Failure to address a misaligned bite can lead to temporomandibular joint disorder and cause a significant reduction in your quality of life.
How long will a Smile Makeover take?
Since each smile makeover is custom designed to suit a patient’s needs and meet their cosmetic goals, there is no rigid timeline for how long a smile makeover will take. For minor enhancements, results are visible in as little as one or two visits. Patients that require more extensive, cosmetic dentistry work will not view the final product until months later. Only after a personal consultation can an accurate timeline of your smile makeover be provided.
To begin the process of achieving your dream smile, please contact our office today. Dr. Christine Fialka-Eshenko serve the Edmonton, Alberta area with the latest, general and cosmetic dentistry solutions to meet her patients’ needs.