Common Cosmetic Dental Problems
General Dentist and Cosmetic Dental Services in Edmonton, Alberta
Patients curious about how we can fix their smile problems frequently contact us with questions. In order to lift the burden of your search for perfecting your smile, we have compiled a list of common cosmetic dental problems and treatment options that we provide within the comfort of our Edmonton, Alberta office.
If by any chance you have further questions or do not see your problem below, please feel free to contact us today to schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Christine Fialka-Eshenko. We will gladly discuss your aesthetic goals, conduct a thorough examination of your oral health, and explain the cosmetic solutions available to achieve the smile of your dreams.
Whether you were unable to have your teeth straightened as a child, or have suffered trauma that misaligned your teeth, we have many cosmetic solutions to address your crooked teeth.
First, we would examine your bite to make sure your crooked teeth have not resulted in temporomandibular joint disorder. If your temporomandibular joint is aligned properly, we can discuss options to correct your crooked teeth:
- Invisalign is a modern orthodontic solution. Using a series of clear trays, your teeth will gradually be adjusted into the desired shape
- Porcelain veneers can both mask your crooked teeth while providing protection from future discolouration
- A smile analysis can be conducted in order to display what your smile would look like with orthodontic options
- If the crooked teeth were causing your gums to bleed because of being unable to clean properly, we could consider gum recontouring in addition to restorative procedures
If your teeth have been chipped due to an accident or genetics give you the appearance of chipped teeth, we would examine both the problem and why it happened:
- Is it an old filling that has chipped? Porcelain fillings are an ideal, aesthetically pleasing solution
- Is it the tooth itself that has chipped? A porcelain crown can cap the tooth and make it appear and feel natural
Tooth discolouration happens for a multitude of reasons. In addition to porcelain veneers, which will protect your teeth from future discolouration, we provide tooth whitening options for our patients, which will restore your teeth to their full luster.
Whether due to poor oral hygiene or trauma, missing teeth need to be addressed immediately. Failure to do so can compromise your entire oral health and cause more invasive, surgical procedures down the road. If it is a single tooth, a dental implant will suffice. For numerous missing teeth, we provide the option of dental bridges.
Gaps Between Teeth and Misshapen Teeth
While gaps between teeth and misshaped teeth rarely cause oral health deterioration, they can be unsightly and a source of embarrassment. Porcelain veneers are custom designed to address these cosmetic concerns.
A gummy smile can cause a person to hide their smile even if they have beautiful teeth. In these cases, we provide gum recontouring to reshape the gum line to either show more or less teeth.
We care about each individual smile that walks into our Edmonton, Alberta office and strive to provide our patients with solutions to their cosmetic dental problems. If you have any additional questions or would like to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Christine Fialka-Eshenko, please contact us today.