Choosing a Dentist
General Dentist and Cosmetic Dental Services in Edmonton, Alberta
The most important step after deciding you want to improve your smile is choosing the right dentist. Unlike general dentistry, which is a science, cosmetic dental services combines both science and artistry in order to address your dental problem while simultaneously enhancing the aesthetics of your smile.
This is why you want a dentist who has undergone additional training and certification from accredited organizations and universities, as opposed to just a general dentist who performs yearly check-ups.
What to Look for When Choosing a Dentist
You want to leave your smile’s fate in the hands of a skilled and experienced dentist. Here are some guidelines to follow in order to guarantee the success of your cosmetic dentistry work:
- Consult with friends and family who have had cosmetic dentistry procedures performed on them and ask who they would recommend.
- Ask your general dentist for recommendations.
- Ask to view before and after photos of patients who underwent a similar procedure.
Preparing for Your Initial Consultation
All dentists provide an initial consultation to their prospective patients in order to examine their oral health, discuss aesthetic goals, and evaluate the optimal cosmetic dentistry procedure to achieve their desired smile.
In preparing for your consultation, be sure to:
- Write down all your questions beforehand and make certain that you receive clear answers to them
- Ask how long they have been practicing cosmetic dentistry and what kind of training they have undergone for your desired procedure
- Have all the risks and potential complications clearly explained
If you were unsatisfied or felt uncomfortable with the answers provided, don’t hesitate to consult with another dentist. Your smile and overall health are too important.
Why Choose Us
It is important to choose a dentist that is concerned with both your appearance and general health. At our practice, we provide a nurturing hand in all our cosmetic procedures. Your smile is important to us here and we take great pride in the fact that we consider our patients our family and friends.